Maryland Farm Bureau is offering a part-time Communications Intern position during Spring 2019. The selected student will gain real-world experience with communications, public relations, and social media. The intern is expected to work 15-20 hours each week and report to the Maryland Farm Bureau office in Davidsonville, MD.
- Assist with social media content production
- Work with government relations staff to track agriculture-related bills
- Support our team in executing events including the annual Day in Annapolis
- Graphic design, photography and videography
- Assist with website and mobile app updates
- Design and distribute e-newsletters
- Assist with media inquires and press calls
- Student or student’s parents are Maryland Farm Bureau members
- Passionate about agriculture and willingness to work with Maryland farmers
- Organized and able to meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Preference given to agriculture majors
This is a paid position. Course credit is also available.
How to Apply
Interested students should send their resume and cover letter to Emily Solis at email@example.com. Application materials should be submitted by Monday, December 3, 2018.
“Throughout this internship, I have gained valuable skills in the agricultural communications field and learned more about effective agriculture policy and advocacy.”
-Becky Jones, Spring 2018 Communications Intern